|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Samsung Boasts "An Unprecedented New TV Shape" For CES Unveiling
The teaser shows what appears to be a normal screen turned sideways. Perhaps this is something sitting between tablet and TV?
If you want to make a splash with your new TV at this year's CES you've got to do something really special. With the amount of 4K sets that will be debuted, it's going to be hard to get love for your 1080p TV without kicking the innovation up a notch. That's exactly what Samsung seems to be doing.
The company hasn't revealed any details about their new TVs but they've released both a picture and a video to get people excited. Based on what little information there is, it looks like Samsung is planning on launching TVs that sit in portrait, rather than in landscape. The picture also reveals that they might have semi-transparent screens.
Samsung is well known for their TVs but they've also been making huge waves with their Galaxy tablets and phones, which leads to the conclusion that there may be a link. Could this be a Galaxy TV, or is it something else entirely? Either way, we'll be finding out in just under a week.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...