|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Paramount Issues RECALL of 'Saving Private Ryan'
Tags: Recall (all tags)
Cites problem in the authoring process causing audio sync failure.
Yikes! If you're a fan of Spielberg's celebrated 'Saving Private Ryan,' you were probably psyched to see it coming to Blu-ray. And hey, maybe you went out and bought it last week when it hit shelves. If you haven't watched it yet, you may be in for a surprise, though as our review this week made showed, the reported errors don't seem to be happening on all players.
People have been reporting problems with audio sync from chapter 15 onward, and that's finally been confirmed by Paramount, who are issuing a recall on all 'Saving Private Ryan' Sapphire Series Blu-ray discs. The problem, according to Paramount, occurred during Technicolor's authoring process, and wasn't caught before replication.
Amazon and other Blu-ray retailers have put sales of the disc on hold until they're able to get new copies in stock.
If you did buy the disc, you can return it to the store you bought it from after Tuesday, May 18th, when replacement copies will be available. You can also call Paramount's hotline at 888-370-8621 (08000-852-613 for our friends in the UK) and get more details on how to receive a replacement copy of the disc.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Saving Private Ryan (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Telltale Games Working on Both 'Tales from the Borderlands' and 'Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series'
- 'Tales of Zestiria' Announced for Worldwide Distribution for the PS3
- 'The Jungle Book 2' Dated for Blu-ray
- Blu-ray Makes a 'Funny Face'
- Theatrical Review: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug'
- More High-Def Disc News...