|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Pioneer's New Elite Receivers Live Up To Their Name
Tags: Pioneer, Receivers (all tags)
At the top of the line, a 7.1 channel receiver with THX Ultra2 Plus processing and an RF remote.
If you're looking to get into Pioneer's new Elite line of A/V Receivers this year, you've got a wide range of options when it comes to capabilities and pricing.
At the entry level is the VSX-30. It's got 7.1 channel output, it's 3D ready, and it sports a total of four HDMI inputs. It uses THX Select2 Plus audio processing and an Anchor Bay scaler for video. You can control it from the included remote, from an iPhone, or an RS-232 compatible device.
The SC-37 is at the high end. It's the flagship receiver for the Elite line this year and with good reason. The Anchor Bay scaler is dropped for a Marvell scaler and the THX Select2 is replaced by THX Ultra2 Plus audio processing.
A Class D amplifier is used in the SC-37 to provide improved response accuracy. And of course, it's housed separately within the unit.
You'll be able to pick up Pioneer's Elite receivers soon, with prices ranging from $550 for the VSX-30 to $2,200 for the SC-37.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...