|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Onkyo Launches a Pair of High-End Receivers
Tags: Onkyo, Receivers (all tags)
The TX-NR3008 and TX-NR5008 can handle 3D, multiple audio zones, lossless audio streaming and much more.
Onkyo's new receivers certainly aren't for everyone. They're made, essentially, for folks who are willing to drop two grand on a receiver. But Onkyo makes it well worth their while.
Both the TX-NR3008 and NR5008 are incredibly capable from an audio standpoint. Each of these receivers has 9.2 channels to work with, which means you can add height and width or just send the audio to another room entirely.
They've got support for the latest in lossless audio from Blu-rays and they're at the top of the line as far as digital audio formats go. Whether you're going lossless with WMA or FLAC, these receivers can do it. The receivers are made of much of the same hardware, but the 5008 adds a toroidal transformer and 22,000 uF capacitors.
Onkyo's receivers aren't just about audio though, they handle video with the help of HQV-Reon VX processing and upscaling. They've also got an assortment of inputs eight HDMI ins and two HDMI outs.
You'll be able to pick up both of these receivers in August. The TX-NR3008 will set you back $2,099 while the TX-NR5008 carries an MSRP of $2,699.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Shadow: Collector's Edition' Blu-ray Announced
- NimbleTV Brings Streaming Cable to New York City Customers
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- More High-Def Disc News...