|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
300 of LG's UHDTVs Have Already Sold
Tags: UHDTVs, LG (all tags)
Not bad considering the $20,000 price tag and lack of native content.
Ultra High Definition television may not be something that's common yet and it's not something that most people can afford, but 300 people in Korea have already shelled out for LG's $20,000 UHDTV set. That's a good sign, considering that this is a fairly niche market.
It should also be noted that the 84LM9600 is just one of the 4K sets that's hitting shelves early this year, and if others sell in similar numbers, we may be looking at a strong future for the tech. Samsung's set may be more expensive, but they've only got 77 available for preorder, and we don't expect it to be long before that number becomes zero.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...