|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Joins the Bandwagon- Blocks Google TV
Tags: Google TV, Fox (all tags)
Online television offerings are starting to look slim for the hotly anticipated device.
Google TV has a problem. Though Sony and Logitech have boasted it as the perfect combination of internet and television, it seems the television networks aren't exactly thrilled. CBS, ABC, NBC and Hulu all blocked access and now Fox has done the same.
The folks over at GTV Hub have an ever dwindling list of legitimate sites that can still be accessed through Google TV. Now that Fox and SyFy are off the list the options are really getting low.
Keep in mind, all of the blocked sites are still visible on other devices, and can still be accessed by users with HTPCs hooked up to their televisions. The eventual outcome? Google TV sales drop, Google TV users watch pirated content instead of legitimate content, or both.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Baggage Claim' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- AllSeen Alliance Forms to Advance Seamless Device Sharing and Integration
- 'I'm in Love with a Church Girl' Blu-ray Features Detailed
- HDD Deal of the Day: 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' Blu-ray $19.99 at Amazon
- Videogame Releases: Week of December 8th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...