|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
GameStop is Holding a Consumer Expo in August
Tags: GameStop, PAX (all tags)
You'll be able to check out the latest games, meet celebrities and more... for five hours.
GameStop has announced that they're opening the doors of their August Expo – usually reserved for buyers and other businessy types. You'll need to be a PowerUP Rewards cardholder to get in, and of course you'll have to shell out a bit of cash. General Admission runs $35 and VIP costs you $100, but you'll get access to a few VIP sessions for a more in-depth look at games.
Here's the strange thing. The event runs from 11am on August 29th to 4pm on August 29th. That's right, you've got five hours to try and see everything you want to see.
If you've ever been to a gaming event like PAX or E3, you've probably experienced the realization that the few days that the event is open just isn't enough to see it all. The new GameStop event, well, it just makes that worse. A few lines and your day is over. Still, if you're already in the area it might be cool to stop in.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...