|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Details 'Towering Inferno' Blu-ray Specs, Box Art
Tags: Fox (all tags)
Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced 'The Towering Inferno,' which will alight Blu-ray this July with hours of bonus features.
As previously reported, the studio had set a July 14 Blu-ray street date for the Irwin Allen disaster classic, but stopped short of issuing any specs.
Full details are now in, with the Best Picture Oscar nominee receiving the BD-50 dual-layer treatment, with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video (2.35:1) and English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 51. Surround and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks.
Among the extensive extras are three audio commentary tracks with FX supervisors, multiple making-of featurettes, no less than 32 deleted and extended scenes (including an alternate ending), a vintage 1977 Irwin Allen interview, storyboards, still galleries and theatrical trailers.
Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $34.95.
You'll find the latest specs for 'The Towering Inferno' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under July 14.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- The Towering Inferno (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- '70s Classics ‘The Towering Inferno’ & ‘M*A*S*H’ Headed for Blu-ray (Apr 03, 2009)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...