|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
The Original 'Sparkle' Dated for Blu-ray
Tags: Warner Brothers, Disc Announcements (all tags)
Sam O'Steen's 1976 drama will debut on Blu-ray in May.
In an early announcement to retailers, Warner Brothers says 'Sparkle' is coming to Blu-ray on May 7.
Loosely based on the lives of Diana Ross and The Supremes, 'Sparkle' charts the at-times tumultuous rise of Sister and the Sisters, a talented three-sister trio from Harlem: Sister (Lonette McKee), Sparkle (Irene Cara) and Delores (Dwan Smith). But when Sister descends into drug addiction and Sparkle steps into the spotlight, a rift forms between the once-tight singers that threatens to destroy their relationship forever. The film also stars Mary Alice, Dorian Harewood and Tony King, and features a soundtrack by Curtis Mayfield.
Specs and supplements have yet to be revealed, but suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $19.98.
You can find the latest specs for 'Sparkle' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under May 7.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Sparkle (1976) (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...