|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Slumdog Millionaire' Announced for Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, Fox (all tags)
This year's Best Picture has gotten a Blu-ray release date, with Fox announcing a late-March high-def arrival for 'Slumdog Millionaire.'
The worldwide sensation, which went from almost-unreleased indie darling to a $250 million-grossing, eight Academy Award-winning underdog, has been confirmed for a March 31 Blu-ray release (day-and-date with the standard DVD).
Coming fully loaded with hours of extras, bonus features include a pair of audio commentaries (with director Danny Boyle and actor Dev Patel, and a second with producer Christian Colson and screenwriter Simon Beaufoy), three featurettes ("Slumdog Dreams: Danny Boyle & The Making of Slumdog Millionaire," "From Script To Screen: Toilet Scene," "Slumdog Cutdown"), deleted scenes, a music video, and the Indian short film "Manjha."
Included on a second DVD disc is a Digital Copy of the film (in standard-def only) compatible with PCs, PSP and iTunes.
Tech specs will enjoy a BD-50 dual-layer presentation with 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video (2.35:1) and DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround tracks (48kHz/24-bit) in both English and Hindi.
Suggested retail price for the Blu-ray has been set at $39.99.
You'll find the latest specs for 'Slumdog Millionaire' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under March 31.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Slumdog Millionaire (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...