|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
DIY Whole House Speaker System
Tags: DIY (all tags)
If you’re looking for a whole house speaker setup but you don’t want to spend a bundle, Tom O’Brien may have the answer.
Whole home audio systems are beyond cool. Playing music to whatever room you want to, or as many rooms as you want to is not only useful, but impressive to boot. Over at the productivity blog Lifehacker, a reader shows how he wired his whole house with audio through unused phone lines.
This solution is pretty low-tech and it requires some work and know-how (such as soldering) but it does the trick. If you’ve got newer phone wiring in your house, or you’re not using a land line, you’ve already got whole house wiring that’s just sitting there doing nothing.
It’s a cheap setup too. All you really need, in addition to the existing home wires of course, are some headphone jacks, some cheap junction boxes, a drill and a soldering iron. A sound setup like this may not impress hardcore audiophiles, but it’s an inexpensive and personalized solution.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...