|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Fox Plants Over One Million Trees for 'Avatar'
Tags: Avatar, Fox (all tags)
James Cameron declares himself King of the Shovel... Meanwhile, the company exceeded its goal thanks to the help of 31,000 people and 17 organizations.
20th Century Fox had a goal with the release of 'Avatar.' Not only were they going to make a whole lot of money, but give back a little bit while they were at it. To do this, they partnered with 17 different organizations and Earth Day Network to plant 1,000,000 trees on six different continents. That's right, no love for Antarctica.
"Our program to plant 1 million trees resulted in fans around the world fervently getting involved to promote a healthy, sustainable planet," says 20th Century Fox president Mike Dunn. "That alone has made this initiative a huge success."
The partnership exceeded the goal, by getting 1,006,639 trees into the ground, helping to restore threatened forests and to restore those lost in fires.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...