|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Amazon Prime is Catching Up to Netflix
Tags: Amazon Prime, Netflix, Streaming (all tags)
Amazon's share has risen fifteen percent over the last two years, while Netflix's has dropped by nine.
It's easy to overlook Amazon Prime Instant Video. Amazon sure did when the launched the service. It's improving now, but without basic things like a viewing queue, it was hard to take the offering seriously as a competitor for Netflix.
Amazon has been working hard recently and is on its way to being a giant in the streaming game. It helps that the streaming service is built in to the already popular Amazon Prime offer, but now people are buying in just for the streaming. In fact, 18% of Netflix subscribers are also using Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...