|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Panasonic Intros New Lower-Priced GT25 Televisions
Tags: 3D, Panasonic, Plasma (all tags)
The new sets bring the size and price of Panasonic plasmas down a peg.
Panasonic's VT25 plasma line is slick, but until now it's been in the large and expensive range. The smallest set came in at 54 inches and $2,999 – not a budget television by any standards. Their new GT25 series of plasmas brings the size down a touch and the price down significantly.
If you're looking for smaller and cheaper, the 42 inch TC-P42GT25 runs just $1,699. In terms of bang for the buck, the next step up seems like the way to go. The TC-P50GT25 is the new 50 inch version of the set, which comes in $900 cheaper than the 54 inch model at $2,099.
You'll still be getting much of the same functionality in the GT series as with the VT series. GT25 sets feature a 600Hz sub-field drive, a 1080p resolution, 24p playback, and access to web based sources like Netflix and Amazon as well as Skype.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...