|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Get Your 3D Fix on Comcast For Free
Tags: 3D, Comcast (all tags)
Sick of watching the same few 3D Blu-rays over and over? If you're a Comcast customer, you can get a few extra 3D flicks for free.
We're not really sure why Comcast hasn't made a bigger deal about this, especially since 3D TV owners are starved for content right about now. If you subscribe to the cable service, you can check out a few hours worth of free 3D content absolutely free.
Keep in mind, this is free 3D content, so you're not going to be getting those big budget flicks you might be hoping for. Still, there's a pretty decent lineup.
To access the movies, go to the On Demand menu of your cable box and then pick Free Movies. From there, scroll on over to 3D movies and you'll be greeted with a list of eight different selections. Among these you'll find three documentaries, one Sigfried and Roy magic special, and three 3D movies.
If you run into any problems viewing the content, you may need to adjust your cable box to 1080i manually, rather than letting it select the resolution automatically. You can find more info on the troubleshooting in the thread on AVS Forum.
Tip courtesy of Marc Krachunis. Thanks Marc!
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'La Cage aux Folles' and 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Blu-ray Announced
- 'Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun' Leads Heap of Cancelled 'Legacy of Kain' Games
- REDRAY PLAYER Pre-orders Now Shipping
- 'The Unseen' Dated for Blu-ray
- More High-Def Disc News...