High-Def Digest Asks Kevin Smith, John Turturro, Jim Rash, and Nat Faxon to Share their Favorite Film ScenesPosted Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM PST by Bryan Kluger
Ever since I was old enough to crawl, I've loved everything about movies. I loved how they were made, the visual effects, the acting, the dialogue, and the whole movie-making process. I would and still do quote dialogue from movies on a regular basis. The first piece of dialogue I remember quoting in front of people was Robin Williams' monologues as Adrian Cronauer from 'Good Morning, Vietnam'. And yes, I remembered the entire thing, complete with dialects and accents. As I got older, I became more interested in not being in front of the camera (Yes, I was an actor and model - JC Penney Husky Size), but being behind the camera, making movies and writing screenplays. Heck, it's what I did in college for five years, and still continue to work in that field today.
One of my favorite questions to ask people I meet is 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" I like this question more than the usual "What is your favorite film, because it causes the person to think harder on which films they hold close to their hearts and are more passionate about. Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky over the past several years in being a journalist. Since about 2002, I've been able to interview a wide variety of filmmakers, actors, and writers for their latest film or the work they are most known for. One of the questions I always ask everyone is, 'What are some of your favorite scenes from movies that have always stuck with you?" The answers are always fun and often spectacular. I've included some of my favorites beloew. If you all enjoy these little videos, I'll keep making them. Here are the first three.
I had the distinct honor of talk with the legendary director Kevin Smith in Austin, TX at Fantastic Fest 2014. Smith is one of the pioneers of the indie film genre with cult hits such as 'Clerks', 'Mallrats', 'Chasing Amy', 'Dogma', 'Jersey Girl', and 'Red State'. His new film, 'Tusk' is quite the film. I've never seen anything like it. In the video, we discuss his 'Red State' premiere in Kansas City, 'Tusk', and his favorite scene in film, which might surprise some of you. It was a pleasure to talk with him and go see 'TUSK'. Enjoy!
I had the great pleasure of sitting down with the legendary actor/writer/director John Turturro to discuss his new film, 'Fading Gigolo'. We talked about making the movie, casting Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Sofia Vergara, and Liev Schreiber, as well as some of his favorite moments in film. We even got Mr. Turturro to reprise his Jesus Quintana character from 'The Big Lebowski' and asked him about his bowling skills and the tournament with the Dude and Walter. It was such a fun interview in Dallas, TX., and his film 'Fading Gigolo' is one of the best films of the year. Go See it.
His favorite scenes from movies are from 'Angels with Dirty Faces', 'Casablanca', 'On the Waterfront', 'The Godfather', 'Mean Streets', and 'Dog Day Afternoon'. Skip to the 6:14 mark to hear his response.
I sat down with writers/actors/directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon a few weeks ago in Dallas to discuss their amazing film, ‘The Way Way Back‘. They couldn’t have been nicer and we had a great conversation about the filmmaking process, some of their favorite movies, and much more.
Their favorite scenes from movies are from 'Raising Arizona', 'Broadcast News', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Ordinary People', 'Major League', 'Naked Gun', 'Austin Powers', and 'SNL'. Skip to the 7:20 mark to hear their response.
Part 2 is coming soon, where you can expect interviews from Keanu Reeves, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and many more.Continue Reading
LATEST NEWS BLU-RAY
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Thanos
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Doctor Strange
- Amazon Now Selling Marvel & 'Star Wars' Blu-rays Exclusively to Prime Members
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Black Panther
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Spider-Man
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Ant-Man
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Scarlet Witch
- The Ultimate Avengers: Infinity War Character Guide: Vision
- 'The Hurricane Heist' Headed for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- Alex Garland's 'Annihilation' Announced and Detailed for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Red Sparrow' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
- 'Darkest Hour' Arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray in June
- 'Mission: Impossible' & 'Jack Ryan' Series Reportedly in the Works for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - UPDATE: Pre-Orders Now Live
- Paramount Preps 'Forrest Gump' for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - UPDATE: Specs and Features Detailed.
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Announced for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - UPDATE: Details Added
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' Announced and Detailed for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray! - UPDATE: SteelBooks Added!
- 'Ready Player One' 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Up for Pre-Order
- Hands-On with Bluesound Wireless Hi-Fi Multi-Room Speakers
- HEOS Details HomeCinema HS2 Sound Bar with Amazon Alexa Voice Control
- Amazon & Best Buy Team Up to Offer New Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
- Pioneer Launches VSX-933 7.2-Channel Receiver with Dolby Atmos & DTS:X for Under $500
- CyberLink Releases PowerDVD 18 with Ultra HD Blu-ray Support
- Comcast Set to Bundle Netflix Subscriptions with Xfinity TV Packages
- This Week in Gear: LG Expands Smart TV App Lineup, Optoma Reveals New Laser ProAV Projector, and More
- Coming Soon to Streaming: 'Jessica Jones,' 'Cargo,' and More
- Legal Dispute Between Disney and Redbox Continues to Heat Up
THE BONUS VIEW
- Weekend Movies: High on Life
- ‘I Feel Pretty’ Review: Pretty Middling
- ‘The Flash’ 4.18 Recap: “You Just Got Outthunk, Punk”
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ 5.17 Recap: “We’re Improvising All the Bits”
- ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ 4.01 Recap: “That Is Some Ugly Mustard”
- ‘The Walking Dead’ 8.16 Recap: “It’s Not Over ‘Til He’s Dead”
- Weekend Box Office: Let’s Get Rocked
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of April 15th, 2018 – Stop the Presses!
- Weekend Roundtable: Silence, Please