The unit supports 4K passthrough and 1080p capture for live game streams.
Pengo has announced the release of its 4K HDMI Grabber. The device is compatible with 4K enabled gaming consoles, allowing users to capture video at 1080p 60 fps to a connected USB 3.0 computer or laptop for live gameplay streaming.
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber supports 4096x2160 pass-through @ 60 Hz and UYV12 4:4:4 from HDMI 2.0 sources. Users can then capture lag-free video of their gaming sessions while they play in uncompressed 1080p 60Hz video over USB 3.0 to a connected computer for recordings and live streams without any performance impact. Meanwhile, older hardware with USB 2.0 connections can receive 1080p content with light color space compression. Compatible input devices include 4K enabled gaming consoles like the Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation4 Pro. Any UVC enabled application can then be used to capture and stream, including OBS, XSplit, and Bandicam. In addition, the 4K HDMI Grabber has a separate headphone and microphone connector, enabling users to create voice-over and commentary for their streaming videos.
Here's a full rundown of specs and features per Pengo:
- Support HDMI 2.0 and UHD resolution up to 4K at 60 frames per second.
- Support HDMI 2.0 loop-through output
- USB 3.0 Video capture at 1080P @60 fps
- Video capture in FHD at 60 frames per second
- Support USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 data uplink
- Audio capture mixed with external line-in audio at 48 kHz sampling rate
- Support true 24-bit color and provides consistent frame rate performance regardless of video content
- Support UVC 1.0
- Support stereo microphone input and stereo headphone output
- Captures PS4 Pro and Xbox One X game display
- GUI control interface for Windows
- No external power supply required
The Pengo 4K HDMI Grabber is now available is Titanium Gray for $250.