'GTA V' PC Gets Its First Patch
Posted Sat Apr 18, 2015 at 12:08 PM PDT by Justin Clark
Patch fixes wide variety of Day One issues.
'GTA V' PC has been released, and with the extensive technical upgrade came the extensive technical glitches. Luckily, Rockstar is already on the job, having issued patch 1.01 today to fix a few of the most egregious problems, like one where the game would refuse to load depending on your Windows username, another where the initial launcher would eat an enormous amount of CPU, and crashing issues with the video editor. Here's the full list of changes:
- Fixed an issue where the GTA V Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew
You can find the latest info on 'Grand Theft Auto V' linked from our Video Game Release Schedule.