Posted Fri May 8, 2009 at 06:00 AM PDT by Peter Bracke
In an early announcement to retail giant Wal-mart, Sony Pictures has unveiled its Fall line-up of Blu-ray catalog titles, with over a dozen top favorites ready to hit high-def.
According to new listings at the Wal-mart consumer website, Sony is planning to debut fifteen titles in all, from action to comedy to horror, scheduled to hit shelves from late-July through late-October.
The full slate of titles and dates is as follows:
• July 28: 'A River Runs Through It'
• August 11: 'About Last Night...', 'Blue Thunder,' 'Starman,' 'St. Elmo's Fire'
• August 18: 'Go'
• September 1: 'Labyrinth'
• September 8: 'The Quick and the Dead,' 'Silverado'
• September 15: 'Easy Rider,' 'Punch-Drunk Love'
• October 13: 'The Craft,' 'Wolf/Bram Stoker's Dracula/Mary Shclley's Frankenstein Trilogy'
• October 20: 'Freedomland,' 'Snatch'
As Sony has yet to officially announce these titles, or provide any tech or supplement details, this schedule should be taken with a grain of salt. We'll certainly keep you posted as soon as further updates come to us.
No tech or supplement specs are available yet, but we'll keep you posted.
All titles are listed with a suggested list price of $28.95, except the 'Wolf/Dracula/Frankenstein,' whose MSRP remains TBA.
In the meantime, we've added listings for all fifteen of Sony's catalog announcements to our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where they're indexed under their respective street dates.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.