Posted Thu Jan 5, 2017 at 12:45 PM PST by Steven Cohen
The new soundbar system offers immersive audio support.
Pioneer has announced the launch of its Elite FS-EB70 Network Soundbar System. The device is now available for a suggested retail price of $1,000.
The Elite FS-EB70 is a 3.1.2 ultra slim soundbar system with six-channel Class D amps with a dedicated power supply, wide-dispersal speakers, and custom top-mounted drivers that can bounce sound off the ceiling for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio. In addition, the system includes a compact wireless subwoofer.
Here's a full rundown of key features per the press release:
- Upward firing speakers conform to the Dolby Atmos standard for overhead sound reproduction of object and channel based content. In-ceiling speakers or additional modules are not required.
- A Dolby Surround upmixer, which decodes and directs sounds to all of the speakers in the sound bar including up-firing capabilities to provide a higher sense of immersion from all channel based content.
- Dolby Audio™ includes new Surround Enhancer technology, a mode that wraps sound around the listening position by means of virtual rear speaker creation.
- DTS Neural:X™ mixes standard 5.1 sound for convincing replication of object-audio soundtracks by retrieving spatial cues from the soundtrack.
- Dialog is mixed as a separate element in DTS:X™ so dialog volume can be raised or lowered independently to other sound elements.
Multi-Room & Streaming
- Multi-room wireless audio functionality and streaming capabilities include FireConnect™*1, DTS Play-Fi® technology*2, Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay® as well as Bluetooth® wireless connectivity*3 and dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®.
- Supports all leading subscription services Spotify®*4, Pandora®, TIDAL, DEEZER, and TuneIn.
- Premium MCACC*5 technology calibrates phase, reverb, frequency, and output for optimal sound at the listening position by ensuring that directional sounds of all frequencies arrive simultaneously so the listener is presented with a studio-faithful object audio image. The built-in Reflex Optimizer precisely aligns the height-channel phase.
- Four 4K/60p Ultra HD-ready HDMI® inputs connect various media players including those capable of High Dynamic Range*6 and BT.2020*7 video, and routes signals to a compatible TV via a single HDMI cable.
- HDMI output features Audio Return Channel (ARC) with CEC/CEC Multilink. Your home entertainment system can be configured to switch on and off automatically with the TV.
- Format compatibility includes Hi-Res Audio and 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz DSD network audio*8.
- Analog RCA or optical digital inputs are perfect for legacy gear and a USB input supports audio playback of a variety of music formats, including hi-res audio stored on USB memory devices*9.
Pioneer's FS-EB70 soundbar system is now shipping. Likewise, the device is also currently on display at CES 2017 in Las Vegas.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.