Posted Thu Jan 5, 2017 at 12:45 PM PST by Steven Cohen
The new soundbar system offers immersive audio support.
Pioneer has announced the launch of its Elite FS-EB70 Network Soundbar System. The device is now available for a suggested retail price of $1,000.
The Elite FS-EB70 is a 3.1.2 ultra slim soundbar system with six-channel Class D amps with a dedicated power supply, wide-dispersal speakers, and custom top-mounted drivers that can bounce sound off the ceiling for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio. In addition, the system includes a compact wireless subwoofer.
Here's a full rundown of key features per the press release:
- Upward firing speakers conform to the Dolby Atmos standard for overhead sound reproduction of object and channel based content. In-ceiling speakers or additional modules are not required.
- A Dolby Surround upmixer, which decodes and directs sounds to all of the speakers in the sound bar including up-firing capabilities to provide a higher sense of immersion from all channel based content.
- Dolby Audio™ includes new Surround Enhancer technology, a mode that wraps sound around the listening position by means of virtual rear speaker creation.
- DTS Neural:X™ mixes standard 5.1 sound for convincing replication of object-audio soundtracks by retrieving spatial cues from the soundtrack.
- Dialog is mixed as a separate element in DTS:X™ so dialog volume can be raised or lowered independently to other sound elements.
Multi-Room & Streaming
- Multi-room wireless audio functionality and streaming capabilities include FireConnect™*1, DTS Play-Fi® technology*2, Chromecast built-in*2, AirPlay® as well as Bluetooth® wireless connectivity*3 and dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®.
- Supports all leading subscription services Spotify®*4, Pandora®, TIDAL, DEEZER, and TuneIn.
- Premium MCACC*5 technology calibrates phase, reverb, frequency, and output for optimal sound at the listening position by ensuring that directional sounds of all frequencies arrive simultaneously so the listener is presented with a studio-faithful object audio image. The built-in Reflex Optimizer precisely aligns the height-channel phase.
- Four 4K/60p Ultra HD-ready HDMI® inputs connect various media players including those capable of High Dynamic Range*6 and BT.2020*7 video, and routes signals to a compatible TV via a single HDMI cable.
- HDMI output features Audio Return Channel (ARC) with CEC/CEC Multilink. Your home entertainment system can be configured to switch on and off automatically with the TV.
- Format compatibility includes Hi-Res Audio and 2.8 MHz/5.6 MHz DSD network audio*8.
- Analog RCA or optical digital inputs are perfect for legacy gear and a USB input supports audio playback of a variety of music formats, including hi-res audio stored on USB memory devices*9.
Pioneer's FS-EB70 soundbar system is now shipping. Likewise, the device is also currently on display at CES 2017 in Las Vegas.
See what people are saying about this story in our forums area, or check out other recent discussions.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.