A new 9.2 channel receiver is now shipping.
Onkyo has announced the release of its latest audio component. The TX-NR787 THX Certified Select 9.2-channel A/V Receiver is now available for an MSRP of $799.
The unit is rated for 100 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 channels driven, FTC) or 220 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10%, 1-channel driven). In addition, the device offers support for 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos and DTS:X speaker layouts. Meanwhile, the receiver is also THX Certified Select, ensuring theater-reference volume within strict THX sound-quality parameters. And when it comes to video, the TX-NR787 offers six HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI inputs with 4K/60p, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020 color space, 4:4:4 color sub-sampling, and 24-bit video passthrough.
AccuEQ Advance premium multi-point room-acoustic calibration is featured as well, allowing users to easily configure their system for optimal imaging with the included setup mic. 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity are also integrated, along with support for DTS Play-Fi technology, FlareConnect, Chromecast built-in with Google Assistant, and AirPlay. Likewise, users can access numerous music streaming services via the Onkyo Controller or Onkyo Music Control App, including Amazon Music, TIDAL, TuneIn, Deezer, Pandora, and Spotify.
Here's a full rundown of key specs per Onkyo:
- THX® Certified Select™ Reference Sound
- 100 W/Ch (8 Ohms), 220 W/Ch (6 Ohms)
- 5.2.4 or 7.2.2-Ch Dolby Atmos® & DTS:X®
- HDMI® 7 In (1 front) / Main Out and Sub Out
- 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2
- Powered Zone 2/3 Speaker Outputs and Zone 2 Pre-/Line Output
- Chromecast built-in and Works with the Google Assistant
- 384 kHz/32-bit DAC and VLSC™ Filtering for Superior Clarity
- Amazon Music, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora®, and TuneIn