Posted Tue Mar 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM PST by Steven Cohen
The streaming documentary series will return to Netflix in May.
Netflix has announced a premiere date for 'Chef's Table.' The show's second season will debut on May 27. In addition, the third season is set for later this year and the fourth season is scheduled for 2017.
"We are thrilled to continue our partnership with David Gelb and his team. We couldn't think of a better way to follow such a visually stunning and engrossing first season than to profile 16 more exceptional chefs and to share their deeply personal stories with our members around the world. David's unique vision takes viewers around the world experiencing the secret richness of street food to the most celebrated kitchens in the world," said Lisa Nishimura, Netflix Vice President of Original Documentary Programming.
'Chef's Table' is a documentary series that focuses on chefs from all around the world. The show offers a personal look into each chef's life and work, elaborating on their cooking style, inspirations, backgrounds, and goals. Season two will consist of six episodes, season three will consist of four episodes, and season four will consist of six episodes. Here's a breakdown of the chef's set to be featured in each upcoming installment:
'Chef’s Table' Season 2 - May 27
- Alex Atala, Dom, (Brazil)
- Ana Ros, Hiša Franko (Slovenia)
- Dominique Crenn, Atelier Crenn (United States)
- Enrique Olvera, Pujol (Mexico)
- Gagan Anand, Gaggan (Thailand)
- Grant Achatz, Alinea, Next, The Aviary (United States)
'Chef’s Table' Season 3 - French Installment, TBD 2016
- Alain Passard, L’Arpege (France)
- Michel Troisgros, Maison Troisgros (France)
- Adeline Grattard, Yam’Tcha (France)
- Alexandre Couillon, La Marine (France)
'Chef’s Table' Season 4 - TBD 2017
- Ivan Orkin, Ivan Ramen (United States, Japan)
- Jeong Kwan, Chunjinam Hermitage, Baekyangsa Temple (South Korea)
- Nancy Silverton, Mozza (United States)
- Tim Raue, Restaurant Tim Raue (Germany)
- Virgilio Martinez, Central (Peru)
- Vladimir Mukhin, White Rabbit (Russia)
"With a wide range of disciplines and culinary talent, there was no way we could pack all of the incredible chef stories into one season," adds creator David Gelb. "I'm particularly excited that we will have episodes dedicated to female chefs Ana Ros, Dominique Crenn, Jeong Kwan, Nancy Silverton, and Adeline Grattard -- who will be one of four chefs we will highlight in our French season. I am beyond honored to be able to share a more personal look into each of these chefs’ lives with gastronomy experts and global households alike!"
The entire six episode first season of 'Chef's Table' is now available to stream on Netflix. A current Netflix subscription starts at $10 for HD streaming and $12 for Ultra HD streaming.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.