Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM PDT by Steven Cohen
Three new Full HD projector models have been announced.
"The Home Cinema 3100, 3700 and 3900 are dynamic home theater projectors that deliver a vivid, immersive viewing experience in living rooms, game rooms and more," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "There isn't a big-screen TV that can compete with the size and immersive experience offered by a projected image, and with lens shift, these models are easy to set up and install."
The 3LCD projectors offer up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness, along with Full HD 1080p resolution and up to a 120,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. Likewise, each models includes horizontal and vertical lens shift, and support for HDMI plus MHL.
Here's a full rundown of key features per the press release:
- High Color Brightness and White Brightness: Up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness1 for vibrant entertainment, even in well-lit environments
- Built-in Color Modes: Multiple color modes ensure the best possible image quality and color
- Full HD 1080p, Widescreen 2D/3D performance: Movies, games and more, up to 300 inches
- Deep Black Levels: Up to 1200,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Frame Interpolation Technology: Motion appears smoother, sharper and more realistic
- Captivating Sound: The Home Cinema 3700 adds two built-in 10W stereo speakers deliver lifelike sound for plug-and-play entertainment out of the box, with no need for additional speakers
- ISF Calibration Tools: Designed for CEDIA and custom installers, the Home Cinema 3900 meets ISF Certification standards, including specific ISF picture memory modes
- Color Brightness Specification: Brilliant Image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors, with no possibility of color break-up or "rainbow effect"
Epson's Home Cinema 3100 ($1,299) and Home Cinema 3700 ($1,499) are available now through select retailers. Meanwhile, the custom installer-geared Home Cinema 3900 ($1,999) is available through CEDIA and specialty dealers.
Source: Epson via PR Newswire
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.