Posted Fri Jan 3, 2014 at 08:30 AM PST by Brian Hoss
Classic costumes and balancing also part of the patch.
The Xbox One reboot of 'Killer Instinct' has been patched and no longer allows players to play as Jago for free. Instead, Sabrewulf is now the free character. The change comes along with a full list of patch changes. Also, some classic costumes have been spotted and don't seem to require the normal unlocking and then paying with KI points process.
(This author found classic Orchid, while others have seen classic Jago.)
Here are the patch notes:
ROTATING FREE CHARACTER:
- Character rotation has been added. Sabrewulf is the new free character, replacing Jago.
FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
- Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.
SAVE DATA FIXES
- Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data
TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE
- Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
***KI STORE FIXES***
COLOR #5 PROPERLY UNLOCKS
* NOTE: Players who have accomplished these tasks prior to launch will now be awarded retroactively
TRAINING MODE ICON UNLOCKED
*NOTE: If you have completed all the tasks required to unlock the costume, the TRAINING ICON will retroactively be unlocked.
- Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus
- Command List corrected and updated
- Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed
- Accessory menu screens updated and patched
- Added access to the MELD from the pause screen
- Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number
- Jago’s equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.
- Privilege check has been moved into the Xbox Live menu so non-gold members can view leaderboards
PARTY INVITES FIXES
- General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
- RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
RANK MATCH UPDATES
- The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.
INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE
- There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we’re un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
- Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
COMBO ENDER FIX
- There were several instances where certain moves labeled as “ENDERS” where unbreakable.
CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES
- Jago’s Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.
- Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.
- LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH
- Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN.
- Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT
- Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.
- HP /Shadow version of Widow’s bite is now categorized as OPENER.
Source: Double Helix
Author: Brian Hoss
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.