Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 at 06:00 AM PDT by Steven Cohen
Films from Fritz Lang, Steve Buscemi, Sacha Guitry and more are heading to Blu-ray.
New info has been revealed for several upcoming Blu-ray releases from Kino, Arrow, and FUNimation.
Here's a full rundown of recently revealed details and title announcements:
First up, Kino is bringing Bill Morrison's documentary Dawson City: Frozen Time starring Kathy Jones-Gates, Michael Gates, and Sam Kula to Blu-ray on October 31. Supplements have not been detailed at this time.
In addition, the label is prepping a Special Edition of Andrew Davis' Code of Silence starring Chuck Norris, Ralph Davis, Henry Silva, Bert Remsen, and Mike Genovese for December 5. Supplements will include:
- Audio commentary by director Andrew Davis
- Interview with screenwriter Michael Butler
- Interview with actor Ron Dean
- Interview with actress Molly Hagen
- Interview with composer David Michael Frank
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Meanwhile, the company has announced several other upcoming titles without confirmed release dates. The lineup will feature...
Robert Greenwald's The Burning Bed starring Farrah Fawcett and Paul LeMat. Supplements will include:
- Interview with Director Robert Greenwald
Fritz Lang's The Woman in the Window starring Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett, Raymond Massey, Edmund Breon, and Dan Duryea. Supplements have not been revealed yet, but the film will feature a new restoration.
Stanley Kramer's Not as a Stranger starring Olivia de Havilland, Robert Mitchum, Frank Sinatra, Gloria Grahame, and Charles Bickford. No other details have been announced at this time.
Ralph Thomas' The High Commissioner starring Rod Taylor, Christopher Plummer, Lilli Palmer, Camilla Sparv, and Daliah Lavi. Special features have not been detailed yet.
Pierre Rouve's Cop-Out starring James Mason, Geraldine Chaplin, and Bobby Darin. Supplements have not been unveiled at this time.
Arrow is prepping Mike Hodges' Pulp starring Michael Caine, Mickey Rooney, and Lionel Stander for Blu-ray on November 7. The disc will feature a 2K restoration from original film elements, supervised and approved by director of photography Ousama Rawi, produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release. Supplements will include:
- Brand-new interview with writer-director Mike Hodges
- Brand-new interview with director of photography Ousama Rawi
- Brand-new interview with assistant director John Glen
- Brand-new interview with Tony Klinger, son of producer Michael Klinger
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh
- First pressing only: Collector's booklet containing new writing by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
Likewise, the label will bring Steve Buscemi's Animal Factory: Special Edition starring Willem Dafoe, Edward Furlong, Danny Trejo, Mark Boone Junior, Seymour Cassel, and Mickey Rourke to Blu-ray on November 7 as well. Supplements will include:
- Interview with critic Barry Forshaw covering Eddie Bunker's varied career
- New bonus features TBC
- Audio commentary by novelist/co-writer/actor Eddie Bunker and co-producer/actor Danny Trejo
- Theatrical trailer
- First pressing only: Collector's booklet containing new writing on the film by Glenn Kenny
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacob Phillips
In addition, Seijun Suzuki: The Early Years, Vol. 1 - Seijun Rising: The Youth Movies is set to hit Blu-ray on November 28. Supplements will include:
- New introduction to the films by critic Tony Rayns
- 60-page illustrated collector's book featuring new writing by critic and author Jasper Sharp
Meanwhile, the company will release Sacha Guitry: Four Films 1936-1938 under its Arrow Academy banner on November 14. The collection will feature Indiscretions (Le Nouveau testament), My Father Was Right (Mon père avait raison), Let's Dream (Faisons un rêve…), and Up the Champs-Élysées (Remontons les Champs-Élysées). Supplements will include:
- Two French television documentaries: Cinéastes de notre temps: Sacha Guitry (1965) and Thèmes et variations du cinéma: Guitry (1967)
- An interview with Guitry from the 1959 television series Magazine du théâtre
- 60-page limited edition book featuring new writing on the films
FUNimation is preparing 91 Days: Complete Series for Blu-ray on November 14. Supplements will include:
- Day 4 Commentary
- 91 Daze
- Promo Video Collection
- Web Previews
Likewise, a 91 Days: Complete Series (Limited Edition) version will also be available that same day. Extra bonus items will include:
- 40-page companion guidebook with artwork
- Character profiles and background information on Prohibition, the Chicago mafia, period firearms, and more
- Collector's rigid box featuring artwork from the series
- Set of six art cards
Meanwhile, the label will bring Myriad Colors Phantom World: Complete Series to Blu-ray on November 21. Supplements will include:
- Episode 7 Commentary
- ""Limitless Phantom World"" 1-7
- Web Previews
- Promo Video & Commercial Collection
- Textless Opening & Closing Song
Likewise, a Myriad Colors Phantom World: Complete Series (Limited Edition) version will also be available that same day. Extra bonus items will include:
- Collector's chipboard box
- Set of 5 lenticular cards that each flash between two different pieces of character art, as seen in the original Japanese release
In addition, the company will release Tales of Zestiria the X: Season One on November 21. Supplements will include:
- Episode 0 Commentary
- Episode 3 Commentary
- Dawn of the Shepherd
- Promo Videos
- Episode 0 Unaired Preview
- Episode 12 Unaired Preview
- Season 2 Trailer
- Textless Opening & Closing Songs
A Tales of Zestiria the X: Season One (Limited Edition) version will also be available that same day. No other details have been announced at this time.
You can find the latest specs for all of the titles listed above linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule.
The latest news on all things 4K Ultra HD, blu-ray and Gear.