DVD International has issued full specs and an October street date for the Blu-ray release of its HDScape library of scenic high-definition titles.
Released earlier this year on HD DVD, the eight-strong HDScape catalog will make its Blu-ray debut on October 30, making good on DVD International's recent pledge to support both high-def formats.
The titles included are: 'Antarctica Dreaming,' 'Exotic Saltwater Aquarium,' 'Fireplace - Visions of Tranquility,' 'HDWindow - Hawaii,' 'HDWindow - The Great Southwest,' 'Serenity - Southern Seas,' 'Stargaze II,' 'Visions of the Sea,' and the value-priced compilation disc 'Blu-ray Sampler.'
Each title will be presented in 1.78:1 widescreen and 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video. Most of the discs will also boast a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround (48kHz/16-bit) track, except for 'Exotic Saltwater Aquarium' and 'Fireplace,' which will be Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround only.
There are no extras, nor any other bonus features unique to the Blu-ray releases.
Retail is $24.95 each, except for 'Blu-ray Sampler,' which is being offered for $6.95.
You'll find disc details for the entire HDScape series linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where they now reside under October 30.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- HDScape: Antarctica Dreaming (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Fireplace - Visions of Tranquility (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Exotic Saltwater Aquarium (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: HDWindow - Hawaii (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: HDWindow - The Great Southwest (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Serenity - Southern Seas (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Visions of the Sea (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Stargaze II (Blu-ray)
- HDScape: Blu-ray Sampler (Blu-ray)