Our ‘Cars 3’ rally is done and it’s time for the winner to take a victory lap. Let’s hand out this trophy today.
Turnout for last week’s contest was fairly light, unfortunately. I acknowledge the problem. In searching for promotional images from the film, most of what I found were generic shots of Lightning McQueen driving or racing. Few had much captioning potential. I tried to pick something halfway decent, but apparently it didn’t inspire much creativity. We’ll try to do better next time.
Anyway, as explained in the original post, we challenged you to provide funny or clever captions for the following image:
- Julian: ‘The Fast and the Dubious’.
- Bryan T: The Flash’s new costume left something to be desired…
- Robb: Apparently, the Los Angeles Chargers are moving again!
- Alex: Can tow trucks get frequent heartburn?
- NJScorpio: “…so he said he’ll make me a star, then he grabbed my tail pipe!”
- Ken O: I can’t talk about it, but I think I just done been cast in the new Shazam movie.
- Brett: At that point Mater’s lightning farts were starting to affect the entire crew….
- Csm101: Pixar wanted to catch lightning in a bottle again, but they’ll just have to settle for this.
- Derek: Holy crap it’s another left turn! Did not see that coming!
- Kirby A: It wasn’t me THIS time SHE passed the gas!
EM had the cleverest pun:
“They told me I’d lose my cab if it wudn’t BOLTED on…!”
Congratulations to EM for winning ‘Cars 3‘ on Blu-ray, and thanks to everyone else for participating in our contest. Don’t forget to get your entries in for our ‘Atomic Blonde’ contest before Friday’s deadline.