|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Evo Announces Fighting Game Lineup for 2012 Tournament Season
Tags: eSports, Street Fighter, Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Soul Calibur V (all tags)
The increased popularity of competitive fighting games has allowed Evo to add new games and new events.
2011 was a great year for eSports. Audiences grew, prize money increased, players got better and games got even better for fans to watch. Fighting games increased in popularity across the board and that's been very good for the Evolution Championship Series, more commonly known as Evo.
Evo has made some significant changes for its 2012 season. Rules have changed, seeding is done differently and more events have been added. The big news though, is that they've amended their lineup to include six very strong fighting games.
Players and fans can expect to see plenty of action from 'Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition,' 'Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3,' 'Mortal Kombat 9,' and 'King of Fighters 13' as well as the upcoming titles 'Soul Calibur V' and 'Street Fighter X Tekken.'
The Apex Tournament Series kicks off the new season with new games in New Burnswick, New Jersey.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...