|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Smell the Zombies: 'The War Z' Loses Its Name
'The War Z' too similar to 'World War Z' trademark.
As 'The War Z' continues to accrue bad press, the United States Patent and Trademark Office has suspended the application for a trademark of the title's name, citing a prior pending application for a video game adaptation for the upcoming Brad Pitt vehicle, 'World War Z.'
With 'The War Z' currently suspended from sale on Steam, Joystiq is stating a "name change likely" for the embattled game.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Big City' Dated and Detailed for Blu-ray
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- More High-Def Disc News...