|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Silicon Image is Bringing Wireless HDMI to Tablets and Smartphones
Tags: Wireless HDMI (all tags)
According to the company, the chip needed will only cost around $10.
While we do currently have the ability to send video from our phones to our TVs there isn't yet a truly elegant way to do so. We're limited to either plugging the phone in to the TV or dealing with a sub-par wireless connection that lacks in terms of quality.
Silicon Image says that its new UltraGig 6400 WirlessHD transmitter is capable of granting wireless streaming from a phone to a TV at high quality. The chip itself is just 10mm by 7mm and takes up less power than most phone displays when in use. Silicon Image says we can expect 1080p video and a latency of merely 5ms.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Romeo and Juliet' Announced for Blu-ray
- Telltale Games Working on Both 'Tales from the Borderlands' and 'Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series'
- 'Tales of Zestiria' Announced for Worldwide Distribution for the PS3
- 'The Jungle Book 2' Dated for Blu-ray
- Blu-ray Makes a 'Funny Face'
- More High-Def Disc News...