|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
"The time to make a profit on the Wii U on the gray market has passed."
Tags: Wii U (37 posts) (all tags)
Average eBay sale price for a Wii U Deluxe peaked at $482.93, now down to $366.16.
In a article focused on the psychology of product demand related to a product like the Wii U, Polygon has tabulated figures that many have only guessed. Included in the figures are a trend that saw a $100 margin as achievable within the first several weeks of the console's North American launch, with several confirmed outliers ranging up to $1000 sale price.
After a month on the market, Polygon, along with Leigh Caldwell, author of The Psychology of Price, conclude "as of this week, it seems those who want Wii Us either already have them or are buying them from retailers. As the sell-through rate on eBay continues to dip and the average price inches closer and closer to the recommended retail price... the time to make a profit on the Wii U on the gray market has passed."
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'The Muppet Movie: The Original Classic – The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition' Dated for Blu-ray
- Poll: What Did You Think of 'Star Trek into Darkness'?
- 'Solomon Kane' Blu-ray Announced
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- More High-Def Disc News...