|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Nintendo Gives Publishers Option to Limit Game Demos
Tags: Wii U (37 posts) (all tags)
"Number of use" limits seen in 'FIFA 13' and 'Rayman Legends' demos set by publishers.
The 'FIFA 13' demo limits each Wii U to ten uses, while 'Rayman Legends' allows thirty. The limits have existed on 3DS demos, but are new for a home console.
The discrepancy between whether or not demos have play limits and how many uses are allowed per demo and Wii U system caused Eurogamer to contact Nintendo. A Nintendo spokesperson responded by saying, "Each publisher has the opportunity to decide how long demos will stay on the eShop, and how many times consumers can play them before they expire."
Once a demo has run out of remaining uses, a prompt directs the user to the eShop, "This demo can no longer be used. View information about the full version in the Nintendo eShop?" Ultimately, Eurogamer's attempts to delete and re-download a demo that had reached its limit failed to reset the limit count.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...