|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Sniper at Your Feet: Warner Bros. Looking to Cherry Pick Specific THQ Franchises
Tags: THQ (18 posts) (all tags)
Warner Bros. among five other potential buyers vying to break up THQ's assets.
A series of tweets straight from the court room hearing have illuminated a growing impasse on the fate of THQ. With multiple parties objecting to the current arrangements between Clearlake Capital and THQ, Warner Bros. has emerged in the hunt for intellectual property.
It was Warner Bros. that acquired much, but not all of Midway's assets, including both the 'Mortal Kombat' and 'Spy Hunter' franchises after Midway's demise, and the company appears to be looking for similar acquisitions in the case of THQ, even as THQ continues to operate with several projects in advanced development.
Source: GamesIndustry International
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...