|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'The Mad Max Trilogy' Dated for Blu-ray
Tags: Disc Announcements, Warner Brothers (all tags)
Mad Mel returns to Blu-ray in style this summer!
In an early announcement to retailers, Warner Brothers will be releasing 'The Mad Max Trilogy' on Blu-ray on June 4.
The three films – 'Mad Max' (1979), 'Mad Max Road Warrior' (1982) and 'Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome' (1985) – are all set in the near-future in Australia. From the very first film, Oscar® winner George Miller ('Happy Feet,' 2006) proved a master at creating the gritty, bleak dystopian world and staging the incredible car stunts and crashes in the era when stuntmen, not computers, achieved the effects. All three movies starred Mel Gibson, virtually unknown until after the second film, as Max Rockatansky, a highway cop traveling through the Outback in a society descending into chaos. The films started Gibson on his road to international superstardom, led to his signature 'Lethal Weapon' series, and later two Academy Awards® for his roles as producer and director of 'Braveheart' (1995).
Specs and supplements haven't been revealed yet, but the suggested list price for the Blu-ray set is $49.99.
You can find the latest specs for 'The Mad Max Trilogy' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it's indexed under June 4.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Mad Max Trilogy (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...