|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Warner to Offer Discounted Blu-rays Beginning this Fall
Tags: High-Def Disc Marketing, Industry Trends, Warner (all tags)
Starting in September Warner Home Video will begin offering retailers a new series of multi-tier discounts on select Blu-ray catalog titles.
According to Video Business, WHV will begin to sell retailers specific Blu-ray catalog releases for as low as $11 each (after rebate), allowing them to discount the titles for consumers at a few dollars off their current suggested list price.
Warner has not issued a complete list of the titles to be made available for discounting, but some of the "deep" catalog offerings will include: 'The Shining,' 'A Clockwork Orange,' 'The Aviator,' 'The Road Warrior,' 'Enter the Dragon,' 'The Fugitive' and 'Swordfish.'
The studio has not specified an exact date when the new retail pricing strategy will go into effect aside from the September window, but as always, we'll keep you posted on this story as it develops. Stay tuned.
- Related links:
- Warner Lowers Blu-ray Pricing [Video Business]
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- 300 (Blu-ray)
- Ocean's Thirteen (Blu-ray)
- The Departed (Blu-ray)
- I Am Legend (Blu-ray)
- We Are Marshall (Blu-ray)
- The Shining (1980) (Blu-ray)
- A Clockwork Orange (Blu-ray)
- The Aviator (Blu-ray)
- The Road Warrior (Blu-ray)
- Enter the Dragon (Blu-ray)
- The Fugitive (Blu-ray)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- Universal to Donate Portion of Proceeds from FAST 6 to Paul Walker's Charity
- 'Peggle 2' Coming to the Xbox One Next Week
- More High-Def Disc News...