|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
This Year's Cheapest Black Friday Blu-ray Player is $38 from Walmart
Tags: LG, Walmart, Black Friday 2012, Industry Trends, Blu-ray Players (all tags)
Best Buy, Kmart and others will be selling players for as little as $40.
There were some solid deals on Blu-ray players last year but only one dropped under $50. 2012's lineup is looking much better for bargain shoppers, with several players priced at $40 and the LG BP125 selling at Walmart for just $38.
The LG BP125 is a baseline player, but it'll get the job done at a ridiculously low price. It doesn't have internet access or fancy apps, but it does upscale DVDs, play content from USB drives and, most importantly, play Blu-rays. If you need a backup player or something cheap for the bedroom, this might not be a bad pickup.
It's also worth thinking about what prices like this will do for Blu-ray as a whole. Being as entrenched in the format as we are it's easy to forget that the majority of movies sold are still on DVD. With everybody and their mothers picking up a $38 Blu-ray player this holiday season though, we may see a significant shift.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...