|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
This Year's Cheapest Black Friday Blu-ray Player is $38 from Walmart
Tags: LG, Walmart, Black Friday 2012, Industry Trends, Blu-ray Players (all tags)
Best Buy, Kmart and others will be selling players for as little as $40.
There were some solid deals on Blu-ray players last year but only one dropped under $50. 2012's lineup is looking much better for bargain shoppers, with several players priced at $40 and the LG BP125 selling at Walmart for just $38.
The LG BP125 is a baseline player, but it'll get the job done at a ridiculously low price. It doesn't have internet access or fancy apps, but it does upscale DVDs, play content from USB drives and, most importantly, play Blu-rays. If you need a backup player or something cheap for the bedroom, this might not be a bad pickup.
It's also worth thinking about what prices like this will do for Blu-ray as a whole. Being as entrenched in the format as we are it's easy to forget that the majority of movies sold are still on DVD. With everybody and their mothers picking up a $38 Blu-ray player this holiday season though, we may see a significant shift.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special - 3D' is Bound for Blu-ray Next Week!
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of December 8th, 2013
- 'S.E.R.P.' Blu-ray Bound
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- More High-Def Disc News...