|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
WD’s New Streaming Box Comes in at $70
Tags: WD, WD TV Play, Set-top Boxes (all tags)
The WD TV Play does everything you’d expect a streaming box at that price point to do, making it a direct competitor of Roku.
WD has always been a contender when it comes to set-top boxes, and while they’ve never been number one, they’ve always offered something different than the norm. The WD TV Play is a bit of a change, in that it doesn’t seem to do anything that Roku’s players don’t. It does fit into a nice price point though, at just $70.
WD TV Play handles Hulu, Facebook, Netflix, Spotify and the rest of the usual suspects as well as whatever media you have on DLNA compatible devices. iOS and Android users will soon be able to control the WD TV Play with their phones and tablets, though there’s no word yet on an exact launch date for control apps.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...