|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Virgin's TiVo is Getting Spotify, App Support, and Improved Upscaling
Tags: TiVo (all tags)
You'll also find full integration with the BBC iPlayer and a revamped YouTube app.
Virgin Media's TiVo is getting a significant update that the company says will be coming before Christmas of 2011. There are plenty of improvements, and even the addition of a brand new service.
Spotify seems to be this year's Netflix. Having it on your device is standard and not having it means you're losing out on some sales. Virgin doesn't have to worry about that, since Spotify is coming in the next update for Premium subscribers.
Virgin is also adding support for the iOS based TiVo app, which was previously unavailable on their model. The BBC iPlayer will be getting full integration to the service so you won't have to use a tuner for iPlayer viewing.
Also improved is the YouTube channel, which now fully supports the new YouTube layout and lets you view movies in HD. Plenty of other tweaks have been added too - better upscaling, better controls and skippable songs in music playlists.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...