|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Comcast Will Introduce 305Mbps Internet Speeds over Verizon FiOS Lines
Tags: Verizon, Comcast, FiOS (all tags)
This puts Comcast on top of Verizon in terms of speed, but not by much.
Ahh, the blazing fast speed of FiOS. While most folks are stuck with sub-20Mbps internet speeds, FiOS customers are able to get themselves a ridiculously fast connection. Verizon's top tier package puts you at an impressive 300Mbps.
Comcast, which is using the same fiber optic lines as Verizon, is upping that speed ever so slightly. Comcast's new tier comes in at 305Mbps – a difference you won't even notice, but that technically means they can say "faster than Verizon." There's no word yet on the rollout date.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Gettysburg / Gods and Generals: Limited Collector's Edition' Blu-ray $33.99 at Amazon
- "Mastered in 4K" and the Road to Ultra HD
- Weekend Roundtable: Into Darkness
- 'The Borgias: The Complete Third Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Reminder: 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' Contest Ends Today
- More High-Def Disc News...