|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Unreal Engine 4 Title 'Daylight' Promises Horror Without Guns
The player only gets a smartphone to navigate a deprecated asylum.
Even as fans seethe daily over the likes of 'Resident Evil 6,' a six member team over at Zombie Studios has been working to bring survival horror back, but this time using the shiny environments of Unreal 4.
In 'Daylight,' the player awakes at night in an abandoned insane asylum, armed only with a smartphone. The player does not even get a proper flashlight, instead having to use a flashlight app on the phone. That, presumably, is where the Unreal 4's incredible lighting capabilities come into play, utilizing the latest in engine tech to simulate the crumminess of a cell phone app flashlight.
One of the keys of title is replayability, something that studio head Jared Gerritzan hopes will be achieved through procedurally generated maze-like settings.
The game is expected to be released on Steam later this year for less than $20. If successful, players can expect future chapters along similar lines.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Hannibal: Season One' Blu-ray Pre-Orders Live
- Xbox One Unveiled as the Ultimate All-in-One Entertainment System
- 'The Sword in the Stone: 50th Anniversary Edition' Announced for Blu-ray
- 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Dated
- Videogame Releases: Week of May 19th, 2013
- More High-Def Disc News...