|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
55 and 65 Inch UHDTVs in the Works from LG
Tags: UHDTVs, 4K, LG, CES 2013 (all tags)
They'll be bringing both to CES next month, but don't expect pricing information until after.
Ultra high definition sets have thus far trended towards the incredibly large in terms of size. LG's newest sets break the mold a bit by offering you a ridiculous resolution in more reasonable sizes. The company will be bringing both a 55 inch and a 65 inch set to CES, which brings UHDTVs into the realm of possibility for small and average sized rooms, instead of just the ones that can accommodate an 84 inch monster.
The company seems to be focused on higher resolutions this year. They're also showing a 30 inch UHD computer monitor and a laptop display with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,700. If it's higher than high-def, you can bet LG is going to be bringing it this year.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special - 3D' is Bound for Blu-ray Next Week!
- Blu-ray Highlights: Week of December 8th, 2013
- 'S.E.R.P.' Blu-ray Bound
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- More High-Def Disc News...