|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
The Toshiba Regza DVR Packs Four Terabytes for Six Channels of Time Shift
Tags: Toshiba, DVRs (all tags)
You'll be able to go back 15 days while recording six channels worth of content.
Ever wish you had recorded a show that you totally missed? Or maybe you didn't set up your recurring recording and missed the first episode or two of something. Either way, Toshiba's new DVR makes sure it doesn't happen again.
With 4 terabytes worth of storage and a decent amount of compression, it's able to record six channels for up to fifteen days, allowing you to bring up whatever program you want whenever you want. Don't have six channels worth watching? Recording three channels doubles that time to a full month worth of recording.
If you want to eliminate the compression and keep things looking like they did when they aired, you're looking at quite a bit less recording time. Specifically, you're looking at around three days instead of 15.
The DVR is only available in Japan and will likely stay that way. It's going for the equivalent of $2,600.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...