|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
TiVo and Dish Reach $500 Million Settlement in Patent Lawsuit
Tags: TiVo, DISH, Lawsuits (all tags)
Dish has been ordered to pay out $300 million to TiVo immediately, and another $200 million in the next five years.
The long running lawsuit between TiVo and Dish Network has finally been settled. The result of the settlement is a settlement that will see Dish paying a massive $500 million dollars to TiVo.
Half a billion dollars is a lot to shell out, but it's not a total loss for Dish. The two companies have arranged patent licenses for each other. Dish gave TiVo rights to a few technologies and TiVo gave Dish a license to the Time Warp patent that started the whole lawsuit in the first place.
"We have tremendous respect for TiVo's management," says Dish CEO Charlie Egan, "and we have always said that regardless of the outcome of the case, there were many ways that we could work together with TiVo."
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...