|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Terminator 3' Blu-ray Hits a Speed Bump
Tags: Street Date Changes, Warner (all tags)
It looks like fans will have to wait just a wee bit longer for Warner's first-ever "In-Movie Experience"-enhanced Blu-ray title.
However, fans worried that the unexpected delay might suggest trouble for Warner's plans to utilize the Blu-ray format's seamless branching technology to include an "In-Movie Experience" picture-in-picture commentary on the disc (a first for the studio on a BD title) can rest easy. We've confirmed with the studio that the disc's IME track will remain intact, as well as all of the disc's originally-announced specs and extras.
As we've previously reported, the 'T3' Blu-ray is slated to feature 1080p video and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround audio, plus all of the same extras found on the earlier HD DVD version, including multiple audio commentaries with cast & crew, three featurettes, a pair of gag reels, and storyboard comparisons.
Suggested retail price remains unchanged at $28.99.
As always, you'll find complete disc details for 'Terminator 3' linked from our Blu-ray Release Schedule, where it is now indexed under it's new date of December 18.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Blu-ray)
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (HD DVD)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- 'Terminator 3' Bound For Blu-ray This December (Oct 16, 2007)
- Warner Sets Record Straight on 'T3' Blu-ray PIP Track (Oct 22, 2007)
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Veep: The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Hisense Announces H6 Smart TV
- 'Austenland' Blu-ray Announced
- HDD Gear Deal Spotlight: Amazon Kindle One-Day Sale!
- 'Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special - 3D' is Bound for Blu-ray Next Week!
- More High-Def Disc News...