|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
MGM Yanks 'Ronin,' 'Red Dawn' Blu-ray Releases
Tags: Street Date Changes, MGM (all tags)
MGM had originally slotted 'Red Dawn' for a November 27 high-def debut, to be followed by 'Ronin' one weeks later on December 4. But now, citing only "marketing reasons," the studio has confirmed recent retailer reports that both titles had been pulled from the 2007 schedule, with no new dates in sight.
'Ronin' and 'Red Dawn' aren't the first Blu-ray titles to find themselves on MGM's Q4 chopping block. Just last week, the studio unceremoniously dumped the high-def debut of the war classics 'Battle of Britain' and 'A Bridge Too Far,' while back in October, it announced plans to shelve the horror chiller 'The Amityville Horror.'
That leaves only a single upcoming MGM Blu-ray title set for release in 2007 -- the recent Christian Bale action flick 'Rescue Dawn,' which the studio still has scheduled for November 20.
We'll keep you posted on any further updates to MGM's 2007 high-def slate, and in the meantime, we've moved both 'Ronin' and 'Red Dawn' to the "Release Dates Pending" section of our Blu-ray Release Schedule. Stay tuned.
- Discs mentioned in this article: (Click for specs and reviews)
- Ronin (Blu-ray)
- Red Dawn (Blu-ray)
- Battle of Britain (Blu-ray)
- A Bridge Too Far (Blu-ray)
- The Amityville Horror (1979) (Blu-ray)
- Rescue Dawn (Blu-ray)
- Earlier on High-Def Digest:
- MGM Bumps 'Battle of Britain,' 'Bridge Too Far' Blu-ray Releases (Nov 02, 2007)
- Fox Confirms Delay For 'Master & Commander,' 'Amityville Horror' Blu-ray (Sep 19, 2007)