|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
'Arrested Development' is Coming Back in 2013 - Exclusive to Netflix
Tags: Netflix, Arrested Development, Streaming (all tags)
This could mean big things for streaming video.
Netflix has a niche when it comes to streaming content. They have a lot to offer at a very low price, but almost none of it is new. It's a business model that's been working out nicely for them, but the company strives for more. They're after original, exclusive content and they're starting to get it.
Over the weekend, Netflix announced that the canceled Fox comedy 'Arrested Development' would be returning to production and coming straight to Netflix without stopping at TV on the way. 10 new episodes will be debuting exclusively on Netflix starting in 2013.
Earlier this year, Netflix signed the original show 'House of Cards' for a 2012 release. They outbid HBO for the series in hopes of increasing their subscriber base. Netflix trumped quite a few broadcasters and cable channels on the return of 'Arrested Development' and expects a significant return on its investment.
If 'House of Cards' and 'Arrested Development' are as successful as Netflix wants them to be, it could mean very big things for Netflix and for streaming video in general.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...