|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Blizzard Considered 'Diablo' in Space – Several Playable Builds were Completed
Tags: Starbro, Stay Awhile and Listen, Blizzard, David Craddock (all tags)
The game would have included customizable ships and a galaxy to explore.
Author David Craddock is working on a new book entitled 'Stay Awhile and Listen' that's all about the history of Blizzard. In researching and writing the book, he's come across some very interesting things that he's revealing little by little, getting gamers ready for its 2013 release.
The latest tidbit from Craddock is that after the success of 'Diablo II,' Blizzard considered making a similar game in space, just as they did with 'StarCraft.' The company split Blizzard North into two teams – one to focus on 'Diablo' and the other to start working on something new. The second team created several playable versions of a game that they nicknamed 'Starblo.'
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- Weekend Roundtable: One Sequel Too Many
- 'Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete Second Season' Blu-ray Date and Pre-Orders Live
- 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and 'Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls' Dated for Blu-ray
- 'Blood and Sand' Blu-ray Announced
- Theatrical Review: 'Fast & Furious 6'
- More High-Def Disc News...