|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
J.J. Abrams Signed to Direct 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
Tags: J.J. Abrams, Star Wars: Episode VII, Star Wars (all tags)
At long last, a suitable director willing to take on the mantle has been found.
When the folks at Disney started shopping around for someone to direct their new Star Wars film, a lot of the folks they reached out to said something unexpected. J.J. Abrams, among the many other candidates, declined the film. It's easy to see why – all the pressure from fans to make up for the prequels, the impossible task of living up to the original trilogy and, of course, the desire to sit back and enjoy the new films instead of being involved.
At long last, J.J. Abrams has been swayed, and has signed on to direct the first of the trilogy. His experience with films like 'Super 8' and 'Star Trek' show that he can handle a big budget and a storied franchise. 'Super 8' in particular shows a nostalgia for the era of blockbuster films like 'Star Wars' and 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind.'
"I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller," says George Lucas. "He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Blu-ray Announced
- 'The Best of Bogart Collection' Dated for Blu-ray
- LG Implementing AllJoyn Technology in Smart TVs
- PSA: Xbox One In Stock at Amazon
- Report: 'Gran Turismo 6' Offers Loads of Microtransactions Alongside Conventional Player Progression
- More High-Def Disc News...