|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Sony PS3 King of Netflix Viewership
Tags: PS3 (24 posts) (all tags)
Oftentimes the PS3 even surpasses the PC in terms of "hours of Netflix enjoyment."
A post on the PlayStation Blog revealed Netflix CEO Reed Hastings announcement of the PS3 as the dominant Netflix platform, "PS3 is our largest TV-connected platform in terms of Netflix viewing, and this year, at times, even surpassed the PC in hours of Netflix enjoyment to become our number one platform overall. PS3 is a natural fit for Netflix in terms of developing and first deploying our most advanced features. We can transparently update our application with new features on a daily basis, and through the free PlayStation Network, people around the world can sign up for Netflix directly from their PS3."
The post from SCEA's Business Development Senior VP Phil Rosenberg goes on to detail several firsts for the PS3 version of Netflix, including 1080p resolution, 5.1 channel Dolby Digital Plus, subtitles, and the currently-in-testing "Max" voice interface.
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- HDD Deal of the Week: 'Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series' Blu-ray $59.99 at Amazon!
- Weekend Roundtable: 2013 Xmas Wish List
- Samsung Rumored to be Developing AMOLED Tablets
- 'Captain Phillips' Blu-ray Dated and Detailed
- Kinect, Microtransactions, and Turkeys Collide on the Xbox One
- More High-Def Disc News...