|HIGH-DEF DISC NEWS||Receive High-Def Disc News via RSS|
Only Half of Smart TVs are Connected to the Internet
Tags: Smart TVs, NPD (all tags)
According to a recent study, only 60% of those with connected sets use them for streaming.
The NPD group conducted a poll recently detailing the use of smart TV features and found that a surprising amount of people aren't even touching them. Half of smart TV owners don't even have their sets connected to the internet, meaning they have a whole feature set that they aren't even looking at.
Of the 50% of people that actually have their sets connected, 60% use them to watch streaming content while only 10% use their sets for other online activities like casual games, Facebook, reading ebooks and video calling – a surprising number considering how hard companies pushed Skype a few years back.
The big question of course is why. It's unclear from the data whether these folks are getting their content somewhere else or simply ignoring connected features. Set-top boxes and HTPCs were not accounted for in the study.
Source: Home Media Magazine
- Most Recent High-Def Disc Headlines:
- DirecTV Considers Online Video Service
- The Wii U's Biggest Title to Date Combines Cats with Mario
- 'Romeo and Juliet' Announced for Blu-ray
- Telltale Games Working on Both 'Tales from the Borderlands' and 'Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series'
- 'Tales of Zestiria' Announced for Worldwide Distribution for the PS3
- More High-Def Disc News...